- Pornography is largely tolerated today because of our society’s decline in morals, and our desensitization to this easily accessed poison; thus, allowing it to ruin the homes and lives of innocent men, women, and children. Porn is not only an assault on the family; it is also an assault on our entire community.
- The Big Lie: The First Amendment is an open door allowing pornographers to express whatever they want, and all others are helpless against it.
- More lies: One picture won’t hurt…once you are addicted, there’s no way out…it will improve your intimacy…there’s only one bad scene in the movie…it’s my business what I choose to see—it doesn’t affect anyone else…my wife and children will never know.
- The Truth: The Founding Fathers were clear in declaring that this country would remain a free country as long as it remained a moral country based on Judo-Christian values, the Ten Commandments being the base. Scholars of the First Amendment acknowledge that the Founders never intended this country to have the assault on decency that is presently going on.
“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people.
It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”
(John Adams, 2nd President and 1st V.P. of the U.S.)
- Other Truths:
- When a small child sees an inappropriate sexual image in a grocery checkout lane, the child had no choice, and the parent had no choice; and yet the image stays in the mind of that child for the rest of his/her life to influence thoughts and decisions.
- One picture does hurt regardless of where it is seen.
- There is a way to get on top of porn addiction.
- Pornography damages the person, the wife, the children and often others.
- And yes, there is a lot we can do to protect our children.