1-800 – 222–1222
Washington’s Poison Center
- Obtain Syrup of Ipecac and keep it in your home—but use it only if instructed to do so by a physician or the poison center.
- Use child-resistant containers and remember—they are not childproof.
- Keep products in their original container.
- Return products to their storage area immediately after use.
- Teach your children about Mr. Yuk, and put Mr. Yuk stickers on all poisonous products. To order stickers, call 1-800-222-1222 and ask!
- Keep emergency numbers next to your phone, including:
Washington Poison Center: 1-800 222 – 1222
This 24-hour service
provides information and emergency response for poisonings. They are
staffed by nurses, pharmacists and poison information specialists, and a
clinical toxicologist, and handle over 100,000 calls a year. Call
whenever you suspect a possible poisoning, or for information.