and general support for parents can be found at many locations throughout Spokane County. Please contact each agency individually for more information about their classes.
- Catholic Charities Childbirth and Parenting Assistance (CAPA) Program
12 E 5th Avenue
Parenting classes for infants and toddlers as well as the Fatherhood Project
2323 N. Discovery Place
Spokane Valley, WA 99216
Classes: Nurturing Program for families with elementary school-age children (5-12), Strengthening Families for families with children ages 10-14
- Martin Luther King Jr. Family Outreach Center
845 S. Sherman
(moving from this location sometime in 2017)
Classes: Circle of Security Parenting
- Vanessa Behan Crisis Center
1004 E. 8th Ave.
Spokane, WA 99202
(509) 535-53155 - call to enroll
Offering FREE Parenting classes - open to the public. A series of 8-week parenting classes at various times during the year. Registration is required, and classes fill quickly, so parents are encouraged to call early to enroll.
In these sessions, you will learn about:
What to expect from your child
Anger and stress management
And much more
- Guiding Good Choices is a five-week program primarily for parents. It is especially helpful for parents with kids entering their teen years. Parents will learn how to improve bonding and communication, increase protective factors to promote resiliency in their child and make family management easier. Topics include:
Protecting against Negative Influences
Healthy Beliefs and Clear Standards
Standing up to Peer Pressure
Communicating with your Teen
Strengthening Family Bonds
There is no cost to families attending these programs. Both classes are taught in the evening and include a light supper and childcare, if necessary, for parents to attend. Call Becky Swan at 509-477-4540, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to register for a class.
Circle of Security is a relationship based early intervention program
designed to enhance attachment security between parents and children.
Secure children exhibit increased empathy, greater self-esteem, better
relationships with parents and peers, enhanced school readiness, and an
increased capacity to handle emotions more effectively when compared
with children who are not secure. This is an intervention to help
parents raise their children with love, warmth, and emotional
- Family Essentials
721 N. Pines Rd
Spokane Valley, WA 99216
Offering individual, marriage, parenting and family counseling.
- "The Doctor Is In" - Dr. Ray. Dr. Ray Guarendi is a father of 10 and a clinical psychologist. Listen to the Radio Broadcast on Spokane's KTTO 970 AM radio station 10:00 am weekdays, Monday through Friday. To participate in the call-in program, call 1-877-573-7825 toll-free during the show. http://drray.com/