- Are respected, valued and belong, and can comfortably use and pass on their practical skills and knowledge. They work on projects, practice and learn skills and crafts. No one makes money from their projects.
- Learn through doing stuff together - each man is a teacher and a learner, each having different levels of skills, professional and practical, to share collectively. They enjoy working with wood, playing pool, and using computers.
- Can come together and help out in their communities. They can become involved in an activity.
- Can talk about things that are important to them, and can improve their own well-being by keeping physically, mentally and socially active.
- Can just come and visit, and enjoy a cup of coffee, if that is all they are looking for. (Drinking alcohol is not allowed.)
Does our community need to set up some Men's Sheds? Men who participate in the Men's Sheds get a sense of value and worth. It's like a big playground for them, as they learn from each other and share their talents. They begin to socialize and do things for each other. Those who are lonely become happier as they help and serve each other. Source: http://menssheds.ie/about-us/