- The media in Spokane plays a powerful, beneficial influence in developing a stronger community. Citizens can do their part in helping the media strengthen families and our community.
- The circulation and readership of daily newspapers in the United States is declining significantly, even while our population is increasing. As a result, more and more people are not reading the news of the world around them or about the important issues of the day. They apparently rely on what others tell them or on the sound bites of television news, where even the most significant subjects rarely get more than 60 seconds.
- When communities are constantly fed by adults (media, politicians, parents, and others) a steady diet of negative, fault-finding talk, it is no surprise that children's attitudes are influenced and they turn to bullying and harassing one another. While problems and challenges are a part of life, a steady diet of negative news and talk creates a spirit of pessimism instead of optimism.
- There are wonderful, heartwarming and inspiring stories in our community. They happen every day--it is simply a matter of finding them. Sharing these stories can help create community service, new social programs, reunite families, and influence social change. It is important and easier to write about the problems, but it is not the only thing to write about.
- Increase your concern for families and our
community by becoming more informed and responsive to local and national
- Make a difference by sharing stories
and useful information with the media that inspire and motivate
citizens, and promote faith, hope and charity.
- Report something new, or find out what is going on in Spokane
Report something new, or
find out what is going on in Spokane…