Spokane Area Council of Square & Folk Dancers
Spokane Area Council of Square Dancers is an organization of 21 square, round and folk dance clubs in the Inland Empire.Our purpose is:
- To promote a spirit of friendship and tolerance among people through dance and fellowship;
- To assist in the formation and development of square, round and folk dance groups;
- To represent square, round and folk dancing activities as wholesome and recreational to the
- To promote square, round and folk dancing functions to the general public;
- To encourage mutual cooperation and the exchange of ideas among all dancers in the SAC;
- To inform member clubs of SAC activities and events;
- To provide SAC representation to the State Federation.
Dancing and Lessons:
- Please come and dance with us.
- We have lessons starting in September and January. All we want to
do is dance. This is not your great-grandpa's barn dance in a black
& white movie. New calls and current music make modern western
square dancing a different activity than you are thinking of. If you
danced in grade school, this is different.
1. Ages 10 to 100 - Family friendly - Everyone dances together. - Singles Welcome
2. Casual clothing - Jeans & T-shirts & comfortable shoes.
3. If the music has a beat, we can dance to it. Rock to Classical to Jazz to Country, it all works for us.
4. Non-competitive - no rating, grading or scoring. Just for the fun of moving to the music with others.
5. Low impact aerobic exercise. If you can walk, you can dance.
6. Mentally engaging command & response will wake up your brain cells.
7. Cookies and smiles provided. Laughter guaranteed!
- We would like to list our lessons with your organization.
- We do not allow politics, religion, smoking or drinking at any of our events.
- We are a 501(c)3 educational organization.