American Childhood Cancer Organization Inland Northwest
American Childhood Cancer Organization
To educate, support, serve, and advocate for families of children with cancer, survivors of childhood cancer, and the professionals who care for them.
American Childhood Cancer Organization Inland Northwest's unique mission is to help each family cope with life during childhood cancer treatments and rebuild their lives after cancer from the experienced perspective of those who have been there before.
We serve all children diagnosed with cancer from Eastern Washington and
those traveling to Spokane, Washington from North Idaho and Western
Montana for treatment. Funds raised locally remain in our communities
to help children with cancer in the Inland Northwest.
Volunteer to help with the following events:
- Light the Way Dinner Auction - April 28, 2017
- Childhood Cancer Awareness Month! - September
- Hope is golden Benefit Luncheon - September 26, 2017
Other volunteer opportunities:
- Fill emergency bags with toiletries for unexpected hospital stays. These bags are provided for overnight stays that occur when a child comes in for a routine clinic visit when the family is planning to go home, but instead the child is admitted. They are also provided when a child becomes ill and there is no time to pack supplies.
- Provide gifts for about 200 children which includes both the children with cancer and their siblings
- Make fleece blankets/quilts for the children to keep
- Make hats with no inside seams to cover baldness
- Provide dinner certificates for the families
- Adopt a family for Christmas - Purchase gifts for the entire family (sometimes because of need, and other times for newly diagnosed families to lift their spirits)
- Provide goodie bags during various holidays, to be given out in both the Out-patient and In-Patient Clinics.
- Provide food, snacks and toys for the hospital
- Help serve a monthly lunch for families and staff at the hospital, catered by a local restaurant.
- Help raise funds, including an auction.
- Help staff the office, fold brochures, and mail quarterly newsletters.
- You may access the Wish list at the above web site.
Light the Way Dinner Auction
Hope is Golden Luncheon
Ride for Life Motorcycle Rally
Last Updated By: Alicia Damon :)