CHRISTMAS BUREAU 2017:
December 12-21 (excluding Sunday the 16th) Doors Open 10 am - 2:30 pm
The Christmas Bureau has been providing holiday assistance for those in need in Spokane and the surrounding communities, since 1945. The program, funded by donations from businesses and individuals, offers grocery store gift certificates for adults, and books and toys for children. The Christmas Bureau is coordinated by Volunteers of America, Catholic Charities Eastern Washington, and The Spokesman Review.
Assistance is provided to anyone who feels the need; there are no income restrictions. No need to sign up ahead of time - come in person and bring information to document who is in your household, as follows:
Required documentation for Adult recipients (18 yrs or older):
1) BRING photo identification,
2) BRING proof of current physical address (such as a recent rent receipt, utility bill, phone bill, etc.)
Required documentation for Children:
1) BRING proof of name, age or date of birth, and address for any children living in their household. (Children's address needs to match yours.) This can be:
- a document from a school or daycare,
- OR from DSHS or other social services agency,
- OR a WIC folder with current WIC checks enclosed showing the child's name, is acceptable for children in the WIC program.
Spokane County Fair & Expo Center, Ag Building A
404 N. Havana St.
Spokane Valley, WA 99202For more information,
call the Spokesman Review Christmas Bureau hotline: (509) 459-5453.
Complete the Catholic Charities volunteer
application online at http://www.CatholicCharitiesSpokane.org
contact Brigid Krause at (509)
358-4262 / email@example.com Donate:
Bureau is funded entirely by donations, which may be tax-deductible.
Donations may be sent to: The Spokesman-Review
, Christmas Fund, P.O.
Box 516, Spokane, WA 99210; or delivered to the lobbies of the downtown
office at 999 W. Riverside Avenue in Spokane; or the Spokane Valley
office at 13208 E. Sprague Avenue; or the Coeur d'Alene office at 608
Northwest Blvd, Suite 200. You may also give online at http://www.spokesman.com/christmasfund
For additional information:
Contact Sierra Heinen
Last Updated By: Sierra Heinen @ 10/01/2018 4:34pm