St. Anne's Children and Family Center
Catholic Charities Spokane
A Childcare Center for children age four weeks to six years of age.
- St. Anne's believes children grow and develop best in an atmosphere where they are encouraged to explore, take safe risks, attempt to solve problems, and interact with peers and teachers.
- Infant Activity: Infants sleep and eat on their own schedule. We ask that each parent gives us information about their baby so we can plan for what makes them unique and understand the routines that comfort them best.
- Preschool Program ~ Getting Ready for School: We believe children learn and develop best in an atmosphere where they are encouraged to explore, take safe risks, attempt to solve problems, and interact positively with peers and teachers.
- Our classroom environments are learning-center based.
- Learning is child-initiated, or child-guided. They control the use of materials and create their own play scenarios.
- Teachers use their knowledge of the child's development and their knowledge of content to prepare an interesting and rich environment that offers children choices: about where to play, which materials to use, how to use them, and whether to play alone or with others.
- Each classroom and age level will vary to reflect the age group's individuality.
- Teachers purposefully create a classroom community by building a relationship with each child and helping children build positive relationships with each other.
- Teachers involve children in developing rules for the classroom community, teaching them the steps for solving social problems, and how to respond to challenging behaviors, always with an eye on each child's safety.
- Recognizing the benefits of learning through play, teachers support children's learning through their interest areas as well as through development of routines, transitions, and planned small and large group activities.
St. Anne's welcomes volunteers throughout the year. Current areas of need are:
crib sheets, quilts and blankets; bottle warmers; disposable diapers; preschool age school and art supplies; durable/washable toys; indoor and outdoor clothing
- Classroom Assistant
- Kitchen Assistant
- Building & Grounds Maintenance
- Donations are always needed for children ages 1 month to 6 years of age:
Contact Bridget Carstens, Volunteer Coordinator at St. Anne's Children & Family Center, for more information about our individual volunteer opportunities: email@example.com or (509) 232-1111 ext. 111.
- Family Holiday Celebration (December 2, 2017)
We need (5) Santa Helpers for our annual Santa and a Movie Family Holiday Party at the vintage Garland Theater!
- Greet and direct families as they arrive at the theater
- Help with Santa pictures, handing out candy and surprises, providing movie details
- Stay and enjoy a classic holiday movie, too!
- Seasonal celebrations throughout the year
Last Updated By: Bridget Carstens