The First Tee of the Inland Northwest
To impact the lives of young people by providing educational programs that build character, instill life-enhancing values, and promote healthy choices through the game of golf.The purpose
is to introduce golf to the youth of our community as a fun, fulfilling and life enhancing sport. We exist to:
- Serve in the best interest of youth
- Stimulate youth awareness of golf
- Integrate life skills into our golf program
- Provide youth access to golf facilities
- Recruit quality instructors & educators
- Provide youth teen-friendly facilities
- Empower youth to develop goals (College, Trade School, Scholarship etc.)
- Develop community awareness of the impact youth are making in The First Tee program
- Embrace volunteers, affiliates and mentors who practice The First Tee Nine Core Values.
Special Event Coordinators:This position will work closely with event committees in areas of planning, development, scheduling, procurement, setup, and operating. Examples of First Tee chapter events are, The Spokane Golf Show, Charity and Corporate golf outings, The First Tee golf tournaments, and our Chapter Annual Fundraising Dinner. The amount of time varies from 1-2 hours to all day events.
- Target Outreach / National School Program:This position will primarily be responsible for helping the coaching staff with community outreach programs that introduce young people and their families to what The First Tee has to offer. These are single day events held in areas outside of the golf course. River Park Square, YMCA, Boys & Girls club, Unity in the Community, and area public schools are examples of this program. No golf experience necessary only a desire to help young people succeed.
- On the Green Volunteer:(Golf experience not necessary - life experience is)
This position is the life blood of our organization and requires a desire to teach young people core values such as Respect, Honesty, Responsibility, and Perseverance. The bond that our young participants form with our volunteers help ensure their continued success as they progress through the program. Volunteers work under a lead coach and are assigned teams of 4 students, helping to ensure that our students receive the individual attention they deserve as well as build continuity within the program.
- If you have the desire to help young people succeed and can commit a minimum of 1-2 hours, one day per week for 6-8 weeks, then I encourage you to strongly consider this position. The rewards are endless.
Last Updated By: Kari Luas @ 01/19/2016 1:37pm