Off-Broadway Family Outreach
We feed the people
physically and spiritually in the West Central area of Spokane. For 11 years we have cared for the needs of people by encouraging them to grow healthy families and healthy lives.
may be the poorest (in dollars) community in the state of Washington, but it is also the wealthiest in people who help people!
- We feed people who are hungry (physically and spiritually) for HOPE. We provide bible study, bon fires and relationship building activities throughout the week. We point people to resources (Youth for Christ, churches and community centers) as we help teach families "how" to live a healthy and productive life.
- The Lighthouse women (Women's Lighthouse of Hope) prepare and serve food for over 200 people every Monday night! This dinner is served on the street or at the Porch with an emphasis on connecting the people/children to the help they need.
- We distribute (at dinner and at the lighthouse) emergency clothing, food and other items as the situations arise.
- We link the people with local churches and agencies who can offer further support.
We are followers of Jesus Christ who reach out in truth with love on the streets and into the neighborhood in West Central Spokane and beyond. Relationships grow as we stay connected to the community through Lighthouses. God's love seeks to help connect the people to Hope as we "Trust God" to bring forth the resources to feed, clothe and encourage the broken.
- Donate food, toilet paper, etc. If you offer your food to the hungry and satisfy the needs of the afflicted, then your light shall rise in the darkness. (Isaiah 58:10)
- Help prepare meals.
- Monday morning: Join our team at 10 a.m. on the corner of Broadway and Nettleton to deliver food and encouragement to the hungry.
- Monday evening: Help prepare an evening dinner at 5:30 p.m. We gather at the PORCH at W. 1804 Broadway to fellowship and give words of encouragement, serving dinner to hundreds of people hungry for a better tomorrow today. Your assistance in serving and/or preparing a meal is a gift you too can receive when you join us!
- Donate children's clothing. The kids need basic clothing to equip them for school.
Donate laundry soap or money for detergent. Laundry facilities are lacking.
Donate bus passes. There is little to no money for transportation to get the moms to the washing facilities.
Become a mentor to someone in need.
Help children at the Monday night Sunday School.
Help sponsor a child or family.
Invite a speaker. Invite a member of this organization to speak to your group.