SpokaneCares.org strives to improve our community by:
- Helping those in need find resources.
- Families and individuals in need of help are guided to local community services.
- Strengthening the individual and family...strengthens the community.
- Helping service organizations communicate their vital messages.
- Non-profits explain the services they provide, and how the community can support them.
- Choosing a Charity - direction for volunteering, donations, and business partnerships.
- Calendar of Events - supports non-profit and community activities.
- Helping community members embrace service, and find meaningful ways to serve.
Spokane Cares is a 501(c)(3) public charity.
Most of our Volunteer opportunities can be done in one hour/week from your home computer, and on your own time.
Find a Topic on Spokane Cares that you care about. Volunteer to spend one hour/week expanding the general information, updating the statistics, or adding additional resources, so the information is current, relevant and helpful to our viewers. Type your recommendations and submit them for approval.
- Glean from local and national media the information people care about. Share that information with the volunteers who oversee those topics, so it can be shared on the website.
- Data entry. Enter data which has been edited and approved.
- Gather photos to add to our Topic pages.
Share your professional knowledge
which applies to the Topics
on this site, and submit it for publication on Spokane Cares (with approval).
Manage the Calendar of Events. Review new entries, edit when needed, and add activities.
Expand the list of Things to Do in Spokane County.
Invite non-profits to participate on the Spokane Cares website.
Reply to emails. Help people find the help they need, and help others find volunteer opportunities.
Help maintain the website. Remove dead links, write meta tag descriptions, keywords, and more.
- Help manage the Spokane Cares Facebook page. Prepare messages on meaningful topics, events, and community resources.
Assess the Google Analytics program.
Manage the Google Adwords campaigns.
Share SpokaneCares.org with others.
Advertise and Market Spokane Cares.
If you would like to contribute to this great community resource, contact us at
Last Updated By: Donna Orme