The YWCA Spokane is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
We provide safe places for women and girls, build strong women leaders, and advocate for women's rights and civil rights in Congress.
The YWCA of Spokane is the go-to place in the region for services that empower women and children:
early childhood education
work readiness resources
support for victims of domestic violence
support for homeless youth and families
At the same time, the organization is becoming one of the primary community resources for issues of racial and social justice. In its racial and social justice efforts, the organization is collaborating with Gonzaga University, Whitworth University and Washington State University Spokane, along with others in the community.
Would you like to volunteer your time at the YWCA? The following departments have volunteer opportunities:
- Women's Opportunity Center
Contact: Annette Farrell Phone: 509-789-9299 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We provide job readiness services, including one-on-one support, a computer lab, classes and Our Sister's Closet.
- Donation Drives and Activities - Domestic Violence Program
Contact: Melanie Wilson Phone: 509-789-9297
- Passes and vouchers for kids' summer activities needed for Summer 2016
- Special Events / Development
- April 2016: 'Support Our Sisters' Soap and Sock Drive, benefitting Our Sisters Closet clothing bank. Volunteer to collect socks and bathroom essentials for women utilizing the YWCA clothing bank. This event is a part of Spokane Gives Month - Sign up at VolunteerSpokane.org - Event Page.
- Donations are always welcome:
Work appropriate clothing
Other necessities for women and girls.
4/7/2018 Spring Fling Brunch at Anthony's to benefit the YWCA
4/27/2018 Stand Against Racism Courageous Conversations
6/23/2018 An Evening in Tuscany at Barrister Winery to benefit the YWCA
10/04/18 36th Annual Women of Achievement Luncheon
October Domestic Violence Awareness Month
December Hope for the Holidays for families served by the YWCA