12606 E. Mission
Spokane Valley, WA
Contact: Stephanie Wells, Manager
The Volunteer Services program at Valley Hospital offers many opportunities
for people who have a desire to help those in need.
- Benefits for Volunteers. In addition to the great feeling you get from helping others at Valley, you will also receive many benefits, including:
- FREE meal for every 4 hour shift.
- FREE parking
- FREE annual flu vaccine
- 15% gift shop discount
- Spring Awards Celebration
- Holiday Celebration
- Volunteer Programs:
- Junior Volunteer - minimum age 14
- College Volunteer/Intern - currently enrolled in college courses
- Adult Volunteer - 18 and older, non-student
- Volunteer Requirements:
- All applicants are interviewed and are required to complete a background check and health screening (free of charge) prior to volunteering. This includes:
- Tuberculosis testing (2-step process)
- Drug Screening
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella/Rubeola (MMR) immunity screening
- Chickenpox immunity screening
- Vision/Hearing screening
- All new volunteers attend an orientation and department specific training in the area they are volunteering.
- For more information on becoming a volunteer contact us directly.
- Volunteers assist patients, families, and staff by performing a variety of duties and services that support the mission of our hospital.
Volunteers are actively involved in the following departments at Valley:
American Cancer Society
Mail Room Messenger
Outpatient Information Desk
Second Floor Liaison