American Heart Association
A voluntary health agency providing education to the public and professional health care providers on CPR, nutrition, exercise, weight control, smoking cessation, cholesterol, blood pressure, stroke, and heart disease.
Cardiovascular Disease is the #1 killer for women
- Offer to help promote programs to the public.
- Help reach the children, adults, ethnic groups, and patients who can benefit from these services to lower the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Help with fund-raising activities, soliciting major gifts, and recruiting other volunteers.
- September: Spokane Heart Walk, Heart Walk is a fundraiser. People will walk 1 to 3 miles. 1200 participants. Volunteers give away items, direct traffic, set up, tear down, and work with the committee
- February: Go Red for Women luncheon. This luncheon for women will be held at the Spokane Convention Center, 334 W. Spokane Falls Blvd. The event is designed to create an energetic, informative atmosphere which will encourage women to become champions of their own health. This is an American Heart Assn. corporate sponsored event, where tables are purchased, and a silent auction is held. It is mostly attended by women who wear Red. Help is needed to stuff the party packs for the luncheon attendees.