Friend to Friend of Greater Spokane
Mission Statement: Friend to Friend of Greater Spokane enhances the quality of life for residents of long-term care facilities who do not have contact with friends or family by matching them with community volunteers on a one-to-one basis.
- There are many individuals in long-term care and assisted living facilities in our area who are isolated, lonely and in need of a Visiting Friend.
- Friend to Friend partners with many of these facilities in Spokane and Pend Oreille counties to meet the needs of residents with no family or friends in the area.
- Friend to Friend started in 1979. It was incorporated as a Washington non-profit corporation in 2004 and an IRS 501 (c)(3) organization in 2006.
The Organization is governed by a Board of Directors:
Ed Miles, President
Jenna Burgener, Vice President
Connie Miles, Treasurer
- Become a Visiting Friend in three easy steps:
- Contact the Friend to Friend office by phone, email or letter.
- Complete a Visiting Friend Application and attend an orientation session.
- Then you will be placed with a facility where you will meet with its Activity Director for matching with a resident.