Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/87/7462187/html/SpokaneCares/index.php:3) in /home/content/87/7462187/html/SpokaneCares/index.php on line 3

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/87/7462187/html/SpokaneCares/index.php:3) in /home/content/87/7462187/html/SpokaneCares/index.php on line 3
HELP Lines | Call for Help | Spokane, WA
HELP Lines

Emergency Hotlines


Crime In-Progress, or report suspicious activity.  If you are in doubt as to whether an emergency response would be considered necessary, err on the side of caution, and dial 9-1-1.

TEXT 911

Emergency ONLY...give location of emergency...Use simple words to ask help from police, fire, or medical help....This will NOT work while your phone is roaming.  Use when Spokane County citizens cannot safely make a phone call, or for those who have hearing or speech disabilities...

First Call for Help (emotional crisis)

(509) 838-4428
This is the Spokane County Crisis Intervention and Community Information Services.  Call for immediate assistance to people in emotional crisis - domestic violence, relationship problems, substance abuse, thoughts of suicide, emergency shelter information, food or transportation, deaf and hard of hearing resources, elder relative resources, grief, and pregnancy. (a program of Frontier Behavioral Health)

If your need is NOT urgent, contact your:

  • School Counselor (if you have school-age children)
  • Mental Health Counselor
  • Community Resource / Agency Case worker
  • Church Pastor

Report a Crime (or possible crime)

Crime Check

  • (509) 456-2233  Non-emergency, to make a police report. Report suspicious activity, or a possible crime.
  • Report online: http://www.crimecheck.org
  • Email: crimecheck@spokanecounty.org

Anonymous Tip-Line - (Spokane County Sheriff)

Anonymous Tip-Line - (Spokane City Police Dept.)
  • (509) 242-8477   Report any crime that is NOT an emergency, such as possible drug activity, gang activity, domestic violence, abuse, fraud, theft, etc.  (509) 242-TIPS.   An officer will call back to verify information and forward the complaint to the appropriate department within 24 hours; however, after the person has reported and verified the complaint, the caller can remain anonymous.  Email:  spdtipline@spokanepolice.org
Receive Money for Crime Tips
(800) 222-TIPS   Receive money for crime tips about Crime and Criminals.  Crime Stoppers of the Inland NW -  offers cash rewards for information leading to indictment 
or arrest.  
This SCOPE program encourages reluctant callers to provide information and remain anonymous.  Call 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or submit a Tip Online at       http://crimestoppersinlandnorthwest.org/


Spokane County Sheriff

(509) 477-2240       Sheriff's Office  
Front desk, M-F 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (excluding holidays) http://www.spokanesheriff.org
(509) 532-9266       Crime Reporting Center

(509) 456-2233       Non-emergency.
Report a possible crime or suspicious activity.
Report online:  http://www.crimecheck.org
Email:  crimecheck@spokanecounty.org

(509) 477-6044       Crime Prevention Deputies (non-city)  Crime Prevention Office:  Spokane Valley Mall (west side), 2nd level, M-F   9 am - 8 pm

(509) 477-3352       Traffic Unit

(509) 456-4100       Washington State Patrol

Police Departments

(509) 244-3707       Airway Heights Police

(509) 498-9235       Cheney Police

(509) 275-8777       Deer Park Police

(509) 247-5493       Fairchild US AFB Police

(509) 625-4100       Spokane City Police
(509) 477-5980       Help line (non-emergency)
(509) 625-4150       Traffic Safety

(509) 755-1140       Liberty Lake Police

(509) 565-5003       Medical Lake Police

(509) 477-3300       Spokane Valley Police

Child Abuse   

               9-1-1       Abuse Emergency

509) 363-3550       CPS - Child Protective Services
(Spokane County)  8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m./M-F.  After Hours:  (800) 562-5624.  Free Intake:  1-800-557-9671, TTY:  (509) 363-3567

(866) 363-4276       Washington State's End Harm   If you suspect child abuse, they will take a report over the phone from you, and get the detailed information they need to begin an investigation.   https://www.dshs.wa.gov/ca/child-safety-and-protection/how-report-child-abuse-or-neglect

(800) 422-4453       The National Child Abuse Hotline:  (1-800-4-A-CHILD)

(509) 535-3155       Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery

Non-Emergency Help
                2-1-1       Community resources.   Find Social Services, such as....food, housing, employment, health care, counseling, emergency shelters, rent or utility assistance, transportation, legal help, etc.   Call Mon-Fri, 9 am - 5 pm, 1-(866)-904-9060  http://www.win211.org

                 3-1-1      My Spokane 311 - City of Spokane citizens only.   Call Mon-Fri, 7am - 6pm.  Services for Parks and Recreation, Utility Billing, Solid Waste Collection, Code and Parking Enforcement, streets, reporting a pothole, graffiti, or adding yard waste service.   http://www.MySpokane311.org    Email: my311@spokanecity.org

  (509) 960-7281     Community Help Line - (Community Living Connections)  http://spokanehelpline.org Volunteers help the elderly and people with disabilities with a variety of living related issues, including snow removal.     

(509) 477-6929       Abandoned Vehicles

(509) 835-4572       Block Watch

(509) 477-6914       Case Screening  (check the status of a report you made)

(509) 477-2592       Crime Prevention Center

(509) 327-5111        Crime Stoppers of the Inland Northwest.
   Help law enforcement solve crimes.  Receive a cash reward if the information you provide leads to the solution of a crime, an arrest, or a grand jury indictment of a felony offender.   1-800-222-TIPS  http://crimestoppersinlandnorthwest.org

(509) 456-2233       Crime Check 
- Non-emergency, to make a police report.  Report suspicious activity - a possible crime.  Report online at:  http://www.crimecheck.org  email:  crimecheck@spokanecounty.org

(509) 477-2274       Crime Victim Service Center (Lutheran Community Services NW)

(509) 568-3123       Department of Corrections (Washington State

(509) 326-2255       Domestic Violence Crisis Line  (YWCA)

(509) 353-2964       Drug Enforcement Administration

(509) 477-4778       Drug Tips 
Investigative Support Unit (to report a drug house/tip)

(509) 747-5195       Federal Bureau of Investigations

(509) 477-5980       Law Enforcement Help Line

(509) 477-4778       Narcotics Office 

(509) 747-8224       SAFeT Response Center 
(help for victims of trauma and abuse)

(509) 624-7273       24-hour Crime Victim Crisis Line

(509) 327-5111       Secret Witness. 
PO Box 1205, Spokane, WA  99210

(509) 624-7273       Sexual Assault Crisis
Line   ( 24/7 Crisis Services )

(509) 835-4592  
     Spokane C.O.P.S. (Community Oriented Policing Service)

(509) 477-3222       Traffic Hotline - Spokane County
(509) 477-3350       Traffic Hotline -
Spokane Valley

Local Organizations