is not what you think.DID YOU KNOW?
- At least 1 in 5 people struggle with reading?
- Many intelligent people find reading difficult?
- The most common reason people have a hard time with reading, is because they are dyslexic?
- E-Readers help some dyslexic students. E-readers can
help some people with dyslexia improve reading comprehension and speed.
Researchers at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics studied
more than 100 high school students with dyslexia. They found improved
reading results when students switched from paper to E-readers. They
believe the shorter lines displayed on electronic devices help students
with limited attention spans and with dyslexia. (Sten Walstrom, KREM News, September
- Books for Kids with Dyslexia. Kids who have autism or dyslexia
really enjoy reading the "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" books. These books tell
the stories of childhood. The pictures in the books give the kids
little islands to swim to and provide context. They can look at the
picture and read the text to get some context from that feedback. Some
of these books have been made into movies. (Jeff Kinney, author, "The
Power of Wimpy," CBS Morning News, October 31, 2016)