What You Can Do
  • Contact DENT (Dental Emergencies Needing Treatment).  DENT is a local program that helps adults (many who are homeless or low-income) get treatment for dental emergencies.  Many of the referrals come from hospital emergency departments or urgent care centers, which have no dentists.  DENT is a cooperative effort among Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center and Holy Family Hospital, Washington Dental Service Foundation, and Better Health Together, a subsidiary of Empire Health Foundation. 

    Contact:  program manager Karen Davis
    (509) 381-5571
    Rita Mykleburg
    (509) 381-5568 
  • Help the Homeless.  Help alleviate pain and restore beautiful smiles and confidence to the homeless.  Call the Spokane Homeless Coalition at (509) 625-6130. 

  • Cash for Halloween Candy.  Local dentist offices offer cash for excess Halloween candy.  They invite children to bring their excess, unopened trick-or-treat candy to their office the day after Halloween, where it is exchanged for $1/pound.   

    The children are also encouraged to create cards or letters to send to members of the military.  Volunteers then wrap and ship the candy and cards to troops overseas in holiday care packages.  The candy is only a portion of the contents of the packages.  Not only are the troops sharing with their fellow service members, but they are undoubtedly using the candy to make friends with the children where the troops are stationed. 

    The dentists enjoy teaching about tooth-decay and service; the children enjoy contributing to a worthy cause; and the soldiers enjoy the gifts. 

    KIDDS Dental  (from 4 - 7:00 pm)
    Dr. Jared D. Evans
    1327 N. Stanford Ln, Ste B
    Liberty Lake, WA  
    (509) 891-7070

South Hill Pediatric Dentistry
2020 E. 29th Avenue, Ste. 130
Spokane, WA   99203
(509) 315-8500