Child Sexual Abuse and Pornography
- Child sexual abuse is often an outgrowth of pornography. The majority of child molesters are people the children know. Many children going to bed at night, have a (father, brother, uncle, babysitter, or a mother’s boyfriend) who will molest them. This behavior must stop!
- Child molesters imitate porn behavior. There is an increasing tendency to act out behaviors viewed in pornography, including child pornography. One of every 4 children in this country will be sexually victimized; and 80% of convicted molesters admit imitating behavior they viewed in child pornography.
- The typical child molester will abuse 380 children in a life-time.
- Rape and molestation is never OK. One in 3 girls and one in 7 boys will be molested by the age of 18—and the offenders will intimidate or threaten them.
- Sexual Predators are in our families, neighborhoods, schools, churches, communities, and now on the Internet. Pedophiles take jobs where children are easily approached (schools, coaches, youth leaders). Pedophiles make friends with single parents, attend children’s events, sports, camping trips, video arcades, or offer babysitting services. (Pedophiles are adults who desire to have sex with a child.)
- The most common characteristic of pedophiles and child molesters is their use of hard-core and child pornography.
- Solicitation of minors for sex online is growing at a rate of 1,000% a month.
- Over 2 million children are victimized each year through prostitution and pornography, according to a United Nations estimate report. (Source: UNICEF, The State of the World’s Children 2005: Childhood under Threat (2004), 26)